McKamy Evers , also known as the Circle M Ranch is a ranch located on approximately 7000 acres in Denton County. The property was originally settled by pioneer James McKamy and homesteaded with his wife Mary Ann who built their home near Lake Lewisville in 1842. In 1850 they sold half of their holdings to fellow settlers John B. Miller and Robert J. Smith for $30 per acre or about $1400 total
In 1861, Confederate veterans from North Texas formed an association called the Veterans Association which intended to buy land north of Dallas to make homes there after the war ended As it turned out, McCarty’s daughter married one such veteran named Rufus Pinchot Browning who purchased the land and then donated it to the association.
-James McKamy, with his wife Mary Ann, homesteaded on 7000 acres in 1842
-In 1850 James sold half of the property to John B. Miller and Robert J. Smith for $1400 per acre
-Around 1861 veterans from North Texas formed an association called the Veterans Association which intended to buy land north of Dallas after their war ended; one such veteran was Rufus Pinchot Browning who purchased this piece of property before donating it back as a gift to be used by other veterans.