Lochemere is a neighborhood in Cary, North Carolina. It was part of the original land grant given to settlers who settled near what would become downtown Caryville.
Lochemere got its name from an early resident named James Lomax and his wife Emma Leah McCallum when they moved there around 1905-1906. The community was originally named Lochemere Park because they lived on a large, wooded lot.
Lochemere was one of the first neighborhoods in Cary to be developed. The Lomax house is still there and it’s been refurbished as an early 20th-century Period House Museum that can be rented for events or meetings.
Also, there are historic homes in the neighborhood, including a late 19th-century farmhouse and an early 20th century Craftsman Bungalow.